Question:
Does anyone else remember the movie rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead?
crythsania
2006-01-31 22:24:59 UTC
I know a lot of people and only a handfull of them have seen it and half of those that saw it didn't really get it. so who saw it and liked it and who saw it and was left scratching their head?
Seven answers:
Mikeycal
2006-01-31 22:36:09 UTC
Rosencrantz: Hmmm. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads. Heads.

Great movie (or play) but it is much more appreciated if you are a Hamlet fan. I have been keeping my eyes open for the DVD but have yet to find it in stores. Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are pawns of fate. The infinite flip of "Heads" is the evidence that nothing is left to chance.
mulberry, not huckleberry
2006-02-01 06:36:31 UTC
Indeed, this is a brilliant movie, but I suspect you're right: not very many people got around to seeing it. Apparently, making a movie out of "Hamlet" and casting Ethan Hawke will bring loads of people to the cinema, but not so with a parody of the same play.
True
2006-02-02 01:51:19 UTC
I have that movie. It is good, but an acquired taste. A little slow for some, but a good side story to Hamlet. Plus it has Gary Oldman and Tim Roth.
kestralwing
2006-02-01 17:09:45 UTC
I think you not only need to be familiar with Hamlet, you have to be a Stoppard fan. He drives me up the wall (right along with Mamet -- too cute by half) but my husband loves him, loves this play, and loves the movie. So it's a half-vote, I guess.
Knowledge Seeker
2006-02-01 07:57:36 UTC
Saw the Tom Stoppard play, but not the movie. Very good. Had some of the feel of "Waiting for Godot".
qwerty456
2006-02-01 06:26:21 UTC
I LOVED this movie! If people who watch it aren't familiar with Shakespeare's "Hamlet", then they probably wouldn't understand it.
Roma
2006-02-01 06:28:35 UTC
Saw it and fell asleep. It seemed so long.