Question:
What did they mean when they put "Janis Ian- Dyke" in the burn book in the movie Mean Girls?
?
2010-06-10 16:56:59 UTC
I know her name was Janis Ian, but then they put Dyke? And then Janis saw it, smirked, and said.." Huh, that's original." What is that supposed to mean?
Eight answers:
TheEntertainmentExpert
2010-06-10 17:58:37 UTC
"Dyke" is a slang term for lesbian. She said "that's original" because they had been calling her that for years, so it didn't bother her.
2015-08-09 13:45:19 UTC
This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Janis
2010-06-10 19:14:29 UTC
Also, the "Real" Janis Ian - who Tina Fey named the character after, who wrote and sang "At 17" and "Jesse" - is gay, and has been very open about it. So calling a Janis Ian "dyke" meaning to hurt her just doesn't work!
Tanitaaaaa
2010-06-10 17:19:16 UTC
They were calling her a lesbian. Earlier in the movie Regina said that Janice had a crush on her so that's why they wrote that.
2014-09-08 10:40:33 UTC
THAT REMINDS ME ITS TIME FOR YOUR MEDICATION @SHADY PINES JANIS IAN DYKE=ORIGINAL
Traci
2016-04-01 10:00:12 UTC
For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/KEgnE

wear black. always sarcastic. Lots of black makeup. Call everyone an ******. What else?
ladystang
2010-06-10 16:59:17 UTC
they were calling her a dyke.
Taliah
2010-06-10 17:00:14 UTC
im not sure maybe because calling someone gay is not an original insult or it might be because its similar to dick van dyke