Question:
In the Tarantino movie, "INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS", what does Lt. Aldo Raine (Brad Pitt) sniff periodically?
Living Art
2009-08-24 20:26:18 UTC
In a few scenes (I wont go into detail for those who haven't seen it), he snorts a pinch of something from a small -what seems to be confiscated- decorated box with a Swastika on it. What exactly is he snorting?
Fourteen answers:
KShizzz17
2009-08-26 00:58:00 UTC
Actually, it most likely is tobacco. There are two kinds of snuff tobacco, American snuff (Dipping tobacco) is placed in the lip, but European snuff is finely grounded and inhaled through the nose.
RC
2014-05-06 17:13:25 UTC
Snuff is a smokeless tobacco made from ground or pulverized tobacco leaves.[1] It is insufflated (inhaled) or "snuffed" into the nasal cavity (into each nostril), delivering a swift 'hit' of nicotine and a lasting flavored scent (especially if flavoring has been blended with the tobacco).[1] Traditionally it is sniffed or inhaled lightly after a pinch of snuff is placed onto the back surface of the hand, held pinched between thumb and index finger, or held by a specially made "snuffing" device. There is a general misconception associated with "the snuff sniff". The nicotine in snuff is absorbed through the mucus membrane, so a pinch of snuff only needs to get into the nose. Most snuffers agree that if the snuff gets into the sinuses, one is inhaling too strongly.[citation needed]
Sharon
2016-03-19 03:42:07 UTC
My Five Favorite Brad Pitt films: 1. The Assasination of Jessie James 2. Moneyball 3. 12 Monkeys 4. The Curious Life of Benjamin Button 5. Babel BQ He is not in my Top 10 all time, but he could find his way into a Top 20. BQ Let me answer it this way: Favorite Actors Today 1. Daniel Day Lewis 2. Johnny Depp 3. Phillip Seymour Hoffman 4. Joaquin Phoenix 5. Tom Hanks 6. Jack Nicholson 7. Leonardo Di Caprio 8. Brad Pitt 9. George Clooney 10. Morgan Freeman BQ3 1. Schindler's List 2. Jaws 3. Saving Private Ryan (I haven't seen "Lincoln" yet)
2013-11-15 23:23:01 UTC
To the guy who thinks that the only snuff that exists is put in your mouth, you are wrong. There are 2 kinds of snuff. ONE, the more popular version used today which is tobacco used in your mouth or otherwise referred to as a "packed lip" and TWO, the finely ground tobacco version that you can snort. During WW2 the kind you snort was much more popular. It is very uncommon to see it used today, therefore I can see why you were mistaken. I fully believe it was tobacco and not cocaine because it's rare to see a U.S lieutenant to be a heavy cocaine addict. Where would an undercover American agent buy so much cocaine in a foreign unfamiliar country? What American lieutenant is a coke addict during battle? How could he pay for such an expensive drug, such as cocaine, when he wouldn't be paid for his services in the war until he got home. In light of all these difficult to answer questions, I'm 99% sure it's only tobacco snuff. I believe everyone who answered coke is wrong. Thanks : )
2016-11-01 03:30:04 UTC
Aldo Raine
Spike
2015-02-28 18:42:34 UTC
lol if it were coke he'd of probably been doing it a lot more frequently, rubbing it on his gums and ****! I know Methamphetamine was popular amongst German troops and Japanese pilots during the war. but He didn't look like he was tweaking, so after reading the comments I'd say the powdered tobacco theory is probably the way to go.
2009-08-24 21:42:04 UTC
It is snuff which is finely ground tobacco. It gives you a short brain rush and was popular back then.
itwasalladream1986
2009-08-24 20:34:00 UTC
The never say i see the guy who fist answered i wouldnt have guessed that i just thought it was coke. but it could be tobacco..
Edgar
2017-01-29 19:31:05 UTC
Na, most likely the same stuff the Germans were sniffing. High grade amphetamine.
matt pants
2009-08-25 21:52:58 UTC
I'm pretty sure he is sniffing coke. It's hard to tell if his high strong personality is genuine or coke driven. The ending scenes however give me the hint that it is coke though because his mouth and jaw are going constantly, a frequent occurance when heavily using coke.
?
2016-04-12 18:56:50 UTC
Cocaine. I can tell a coke user from a mile away.
dajesusmang
2009-08-24 20:31:34 UTC
I believe it's snuff, a tobacco product rarely seen these days.
2009-08-26 11:24:56 UTC
HAHA anthony you cant be serious.

there is definitely snuff that used to be inhaled....
2009-08-26 00:27:36 UTC
HAHA you guys can't be serious,

1) You don't snort snuff. You keep it in your mouth between your gums and lips. There is no Tobacco that you snort.

2) Why are you talking like no one uses snuff anymore and its some kind of ancient practice? Have you ever been in a gas station? It's everywhere.

3)It's coke.