Question:
What popular (radio-friendly, party-friendly) songs make you think of particular movies?
Never_Cease_To_Be_Amazed
2006-02-22 19:43:15 UTC
"Highway to the Danger Zone" (Kenny Loggins) says "Top Gun", "Dance Hall Days" (Wang Chung) says "To Live and Die in L.A." , and "Mrs. Robinson" says "The Graduate". (Sorry, kids, I'm old.)

Looking for other songs like these two - songs you hear on the radio separate and apart from the movies they were part of. Songs that you would hear at a PARTY, that make you SMILE (I hope it's clear that Celine Dion songs from "Titanic" are NOT what I'm asking about here).

Thanks!
Four answers:
newgardenboy
2006-02-22 20:35:56 UTC
Since you mentioned Kenny Loggins, there's also "Footloose." That reminds me of the "Maniac" song from "Flashdance." Then, how about "In Your Eyes" from the famous boombox scene in "Say Anything?" And speaking of Cameron Crowe movies, there's Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" from "Almost Famous" and The Go-go's "We've got the Beat" from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High." Ooh, now I'm thinking 80's, and there's that song at the end of "Breakfast Club" ("Don't You (Forget About Me)" by the Simple Minds). "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis from "Back to the Future," as well as "Johnny B. Goode" and that slow dance song, "Earth Angel" by Marvin Berry. Aimee Mann has some songs from "Magnolia" that aren't quite as 'associative' with the movie, but her vibe is specific: "One" and "Save Me," but they're not dance-y by any means, if that's the kind of party you're throwing. "Twist and Shout" always makes me think of "Ferris Bueller" and you could use any Johnny Cash songs this year like "Ring of Fire" for "Walk the Line." It's not necessarily radio-friendly (ie: cursing), but "Hustle and Flow" has a few nice hip-hop tracks, like "Hard Out There for a Pimp." Also, not sure who it's by, maybe Creed or Nickelback: isn't there a song from Spiderman about "a hero to save us"? Well, those are the first thoughts. I hope they help.
2006-02-23 00:00:39 UTC
It's In His Kiss = Mermaids

Jumpin' Jack Flash - I always hear Whoopi Goldberg saying "speak English Mick!"

Is this similar to the question you asked a few weeks ago? https://answersrip.com/question/index?qid=1006012704382

You can also try:

Think of a movie you have liked (made you smile) and then look up its soundtrack on Amazon.com. They have a list of tracks and sound clips to help you identify them.

Another memory jogger/suggestion list would be the 100 years 100 songs list collected by the American Film Institute (link below)

I'd be interested in seeing your final list. You can post it as additional details to the question later on
Űbergeek
2006-02-22 19:57:54 UTC
Bob Seeger's Old Time Rock and Roll and Tom Cruise in Risky Business
?
2016-10-15 01:54:53 UTC
i might inspect itunes. They regularly have an specific label next to songs with questionable language and then a sparkling version like they have on the radio. or you may attempt to get a station on information superhighway radio and checklist them off of their yet it relatively is a lot greater time eating and alot harder.