Question:
American movies spoken in Norwegian with English subtitles?
?
2014-04-26 20:00:01 UTC
I want to learn Norwegian (Bokmal and/or Nynorsk) and I heard a good way is to study from books and lessons, and listen to the language. Is there any way to watch like, The Avengers in Norwegian with English subtitles? Or any other good movie?
Thanks.
Five answers:
RWgirl
2014-04-27 01:59:11 UTC
Bokmål and nynorsk are written only. So, you're just looking for Norwegian films.

Norwegian films would of course be the best place to start, but if you're looking for dubbed films, you're going to have to stick with animated films. Subtitles are preferred over dubbing, so there's just not going to be Avengers dubbed in Norwegian. You can find Disney and Pixar films dubbed in Norwegian, however.

Your best bet for actually finding those is to find out what the Norwegian title of the film is, then search for it. DVD's aren't going to work for you unless you can play region 2 DVDs, so that's going to limit you to (legal) downloads.

American films with Norwegian are by and large laughed at, the notable exception being the first few minutes of John Carpenter's The Thing. The new Thing that was released a few years ago has proper Norwegian too.

It's honestly going to be easier to watch Norwegian films with English subtitles. There are plenty out there, although not all are good. It's going to be the best way to hear a variety of dialects, however. You tend to have a lot of recycling of voice actors for kid's shows.
Starsfan14
2014-04-26 21:21:06 UTC
If you have Netflix you can put Norwegian films in the search. They have several. I have seen a film called Happy, Happy. I believe it is in Norwegian with US subtitles. It was a pretty good independent drama.
Gustav
2014-04-26 20:05:49 UTC
You probably wont find many american movies dubbed in norwegian unless your in norway or downloading/buying torrent versions of movies.

Watching movies to learn a language is only good if your doing language immersion in which case you want to already have a basic or even intermediate knowledge of the language. If your starting out you might want to try 'mango languages' or 'rosetta stone'

you could also just watch norwegian films, your library probably has a couple
2016-03-20 06:06:47 UTC
Your question only shows that you have not traveled outside America. Its not because that United States is a big country that you you already know the world out there and make judgments. There is this saying that American people know nothing outside America.
Kathleen
2016-03-09 20:49:53 UTC
http://watchlatestmovies2016.com/

is good