Question:
Movie: Fifth Element: Corbin Dallas says "I'm a Meat Popsicle". Why?
2007-04-10 16:35:35 UTC
He's in his house and the police raid the place and ask him if he is classified as human. He responds, "No, I'm a meat popsicle". What does that mean and why does he say that? Why don't the police respond?
Nine answers:
LORD Z
2007-04-14 05:58:59 UTC
That would make him Steak on a stick or Shishkabob, maybe a corn dog. At any rate, he was just stalling for time while the police knocked on his neighbor's door, the jerk who had Corbin's name plate on his door. And the reason the police do not respond is hat the scanning machine was the thing asking the question. The Police were outside the door waiting for the scanners to tell them which door to break down.
nataline
2016-10-01 08:10:33 UTC
Corbin Dallas
2016-05-17 10:20:26 UTC
He's being sarcastic. People who are cryogenically frozen after death, in the hopes of being thawed out when a cure for their disease is discovered are called meat popsicles, or corpsicles. Willis actually turns one of the cops into a meat popsicle in his fridge.
2007-04-10 16:46:07 UTC
What everyone else said plus they didn't respond because the monk, or father, had switched the nametags on the doors. That's why they grabbed the wrong guy, the Corbin Dallas tag was on his door.
SoWeetie
2007-04-10 16:43:49 UTC
I think he was being funny and sarcastic - he was obviously a human. The cops were just too stupid, or androids who couldn't really tell. Or, because they were looking for a human, he said he wasn't one. So if he said he was human, they might have taken him away.

I'm thinking it's the first option. He stated the obvious in a sarcastic manner. It's like when you have a moving truck in your driveway, packed, and the neighbor says "Hey, you moving?" Ummmm......yeah. Of course, the sarcastic response would be "Nope. I just like to pack my house up once or twice a week just to see how many boxes it would take."

That's just my guess.
2007-04-10 16:41:15 UTC
he was being a smartass, I love that movie

The police didnt respond because they thought they have found Dallas Corbin in another room
2007-04-10 16:44:05 UTC
i think he said it because he put the military people in the fridge to "cool off", and the police didnt respond because his name badge was on another door and they ran to it, then the guy replied with an F-bomb to them.
trinket503
2007-04-10 16:44:02 UTC
I have absolutely no idea always wondered that myself
mike
2007-04-10 16:39:51 UTC
I always thought he was just being a smart-as*